About How to Program
How to Program is a UK site created by Paul Ireland, who, amongst other things...
This site is a personal spare time project for Paul, a way of giving back to the community, which also acts as a refreshing distraction from his normal professional software development work and running his interactive software business.
- has a BSc (Hons) 2.1 degree in Computer Science (Aston University, Birmingham 1985-1989), a course which was heavy on the programming, where one of the final year courses was to create a C compiler in Pascal!
- has been developing software (DOS, Windows, database, multimedia, city finance, 3D PC games, 3D mobile phone games, business web development) since the early eighties
- has gone from permanent employment, through to contracting for banks in the city (e.g. merchant banks), to founding in 1998 his own interactive software company Abstract Worlds Ltd
- in 1999 working as a contractor for a merchant bank in the city, designed and developed a risk management system in VB, ASP, MS SQLServer to manage a £4 billion portfolio
- in 2000 developed in his company a 3D asteroids game which the world's first 3D accerelated first person shooter action game in VB (and C++)
- developed in his company in 2002 the world's first 3D first person mobile phone game which ran on most Java mobile phones, a 100 level 3D game with its own 3D engine, weighing in at less than 32K in size!
howtoprogram.it is an information only website published by Abstract Worlds Ltd
Company name - Abstract Worlds Ltd.
Office address - 9 Laburnum Close, Wellingborough, Northants NN8 3GP
Registered address - 6 Culver Drive, Oxted, Surrey RH8 9HP
Company number - 3563906
Registered in England and Wales since 14 May 1998
Company VAT Number - 716 2432 56